Friday, October 12, 2012

The Ride.

I am not buying a Mercedes Benz even though in less than a year I'll be car shopping. 

No, this Mercedes is something much more important.  Something much more valuable.  Something I cannot just buy for if that were the case, I may have done so by now.  Clearly it would have saved more than money; it would have saved me from 4:15am wake-up calls, blisters, high-heel restrictions, pain, swearing, and other unladylike conduct.  It would have saved me from the constant carrot dangling right in front of my face... this self-imposed goal which has eluded me for some inexplicable reason. 

But what's the fun in that? 

We all know money can't buy happiness.  Or qualification to Boston.

February 17, 2013.  The Mercedes Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment